Top 5 Paranormal Books I Love


 

With the impending release of my latest book, THIRD WHEEL, I decided to make a Top 5 list of my favorite paranormal books:


1. Salem's Lot by Stephen King - this is the book I read under the covers with a flashlight as a kid. My parents were remodeling and I was sleeping upstairs alone. Whenever a tree branch scratched at the window, I completely freaked out thinking there was a vampire floating outside the window, asking to be let in. This book started my love and fascination with the paranormal!  


 2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - I am a big fan of The Folio Society - their books are gorgeous collectibles and for a few years I collected as many as I could. While living in my extremely haunted house in Wisconsin, I remember night after night reading Frankenstein and devouring the beautiful language and haunting story. It's one of my all-time favorite books! 


3. Tales by Edgar Allen Poe - The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart, The Purloined Letter, The Pit and the Pendulum - shall I go on? His words have a cadence and a heaviness of heart that never leave your soul.


4. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - I remember when we took the kids to see this on stage in Chicago - an amazing experience and the kids were spellbound. But when I saw James Ridge portray Charles Dickens in the Touchstone Theater at the American Players Theater in Spring Green, Wisconsin in 2013, I received a reeducation of sorts. He brought to life the man behind the words and offered up a depth of clarity to what Dickens was really trying to portray in his stories. Plus, who isn't terrified by the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come?



5. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward - Ahhh - the Black Dagger Brotherhood. Another book I stayed up late to read until everyone was in bed because I wanted to savor every moment. If you haven't heard of this series, go check it out. Sensual and dark and pure magic. 


So without further ado, I'd love for you to take a look at my new release with my partner-in-crime Rachel Green (together we write as KAT GREEN) - book three in our Haunts for Sale Series now available for pre-order...




Popular Posts