Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou, Romeo?

So, I'm going to Iowa (yeah, I said it, IOWA - see link above!) this weekend to watch Romeo and Juliet and I was thinking about falling in love...

Romeo was "in love" with love and pitted against hate. We cheer for love to prevail, even over death. But how often can we fall in love?

When I skid my busy life to a halt and watch tv/movie, read, or see a play, I'm looking to fall in love. I want to read words on a page that speak to my heart and let me inside someone else's rich mind. I want to watch an actor on stage, not to see him portray a character, but fall in love with him by unobtrusively observing them practice their art and letting me see into their soul.

Fall in love by watching someone practice their art whether it be their bedside manner, their command of a room/meeting, the words they use to fill a page, or the details they use to bring a character to life on stage.

How do you let yourself fall in love? Like my beloved Romeo?

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east and Juliet is the sun!
Arise fair sun and kill the envious moon
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou her maid art far more fair than she."

Popular Posts