Yikes, I'm typing this from my phone as I sit in the airport so it will be short. My goal is to be a published author. Today i attended the writer' conference in madison and pitched to an agent. I helped a struggling lad practice his pitch and I'll tell you the top 5 things NOT to do during an agent pitch:
1. Say "Your eyes glazed over and now i can't remember what I was going to say next."
2. Say "I have lot of ideas but nothing is really done".
3. Stop talking altogether and give me a blank stare.
4. Do not delve into subplots about quantum physics, protons, electrons, and gamma rays.
5. Say "I used to be an actor in LA so i know how to pitch but now I install Dish Network."
I wonder how the guy's pitch went...