Review of READING BETWEEN THE LIVES by Ashantay Peters #timetravel #romance #5starread


Supernatural skeptic Gabriella Jung sees a psychic for answers to romance questions. Can't hurt, right? She scoffs at the prediction that she faces parallel lives and alternate dimensions. Hours later, she's having visions, and not from too much wine.

Adrian Comstock can't explain his instant attraction to Gabby. Although she's off limits, she haunts his dreams. But when the dreams change from seductive to realistic depictions of tense showdowns in the 1860s, Adrian is baffled, yet still unable to stay away.

Gabby's reality unravels as the flood of visions increases. Can computer geek Adrian help her navigate time, space, and the 1860s? Or will they remain forever trapped in a time loop?


Well, I'm super excited to give an enthusiastic 
FIVE STAR REVIEW 
to Ashantay Peter's time travel romance! 
Here's my review...

Check your Karma at the door!

Hold up - this book was a lot of fun! I love my share of romances, but this was one I couldn't put down. Peters lends such depth and dedication to her characters that draws you in so far, that when you're reading, it's like you really are standing next to them living everything they live and feeling everything they feel. I loved how the author pulled the time-travel aspects into this book, an expert weave of leaving you wanting more. The idea of karma and being able to fix things from past lives was wonderful. The book is well-written and one where you'll carry the characters with you forever and wonder what you need to do in your life to make up your own past lives mistakes.

Here's more from Ashantay herself on karma, the book's origins, and past lives...leave a comment and tell us if you've led any exciting past lives!

Welcome to Quill or Pill!  

Tell us, how do you define "karma."

1. Karma, as many of us have heard or experienced, can be a bitch. But you've asked me for my definition so here goes. Buddhists and Hindus believe karma is the sum of all of a person's actions in all their lives. How they've acted determines what they will face in the future. After a lot of experimentation (read "acting out"), I  understand that because karma is the result of my actions, I can change my life by controlling my reactions, thoughts, and actions. If karma is a bitch, it's because that's what I've been. 

Where did you get the idea for the book?

2. The idea for the book came to me, well...I'm not sure. I'd seen the movie"Sliding Doors" years earlier, and wanted to try my own take on the idea of parallel lives. I'd done just enough reading on quantum mechanics to be dangerous, and then there was Big Bang Theory awakening my slumbering interest in science. So, long story in one phrase - it was time. Still, from start to finish the book took over two years.

Do you think you've lived past lives? Can you share?

3.  Yes, I know I've lived many times before. No, I wasn't Cleopatra or Napoleon, though I did live in both Egypt and France around those eras. And in Greece as a man. Mongolia as a hermit-type male. There are a number of books outlining how to research past lives for those interested. It's not scary and can be quite helpful in understanding deep-seated fears. 

Author Bio:


Ashantay Peters loves escaping into a well-written book. Her reading addiction also has her perusing magazines, newspapers, Internet articles and even food labels. The last is often feebly excused as an attempt to maintain health, but her friends know the truth.

She lives in the mountains of western North Carolina, a happy transplant from the much colder (and flatter) Midwest. She loves to hear from readers! Give her a holler via www.ashantay.com and she'll get back with you as soon as she comes in from gardening or takes a break from writing her next book. You have her solemn promise that she will not stalk you.

Get READING BETWEEN THE LIVES:





Popular Posts